On 11/12/2012 10:25 AM, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
> =================
>
> My questions now are:
>
>  1. Would you agree with the above drafted release plan?

Yes, with a 2.1 release, since I recall there had been a couple of changes.

>  2. If so, who is available to help with these tasks? Consider that
> documentation tasks are an easier way to contribute to the project even
> without development skills.

In 2002 I started exactly in this project with documentation. The
initial purpose of cocoon was to generate consistence documentation for
java.apache.org meaning to write some cocoon docs (esp. c3) be sure you
pop onto our watch list.

> If you've been using C3 and appreciate this, please don't deny your
> help: we really need it!

c3 is really missing helping hands. I would love to get some cocoon
veterans reactivated again especially for the OSGI re-factoring that we
need to do in the future.  This project is as old as the ASF itself and
we have a long list of prime ASF member contributing to this project.
However I understand that we all only have very limited time.

...but for everyone that is reading this and like the idea of cocoon
please help with

- constructive discussions and giving the helping hand on the ml
- documentation
- testing and bug fixing
- integrating c3 in your project

salu2
PS thanks Francesco for starting this and it had been a pleasure to meet
you in person.

--
Thorsten Scherler <scherler.at.gmail.com>
codeBusters S.L. - web based systems

http://www.codebusters.es/