On Wed, 2008-11-05 at 10:55 +0100, Paul Libbrecht wrote:

> Jelly is still unbeatable as a glue in xml processing.

I think that is a conjecture, a claim even, that needs justification and
support.  Groovy, Python, Ruby people would argue (and I think quite
rightly) that XML is a data specification notation that has no
computational model, and shouldn't have.  Groovy, Python and Ruby have
all the computational model and XML processing features needed -- or if
they don't they should have.

> What took James from Jelly, I think, is Groovy but that is
> incomparable... data in groovy is just as ugly as data in java while
> data in jelly is kind of natural and mixing data and scripting is
> exactly where jelly is at glory.

Lisp is probably what you really want :-)

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder                 Partner

Concertant LLP                   t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,              f: +44 8700 516 084
London SW11 1EN, UK.             m: +44 7770 465 077