----- "Bill Barker" <wbar...@wilshire.com> a écrit :

> I've been looking over the Field<T> implementations, and it looks like
> it's
> mostly done except for FieldPolynomial<T>.  I'm not really sure which

SparseFieldMatrix and SparseFieldVector are also missing for now.

> package this should go in, since o.a.c.m.analysis.polynomial seems to
> be
> about Real polynomials.  Any hints would be appreciated.

I'm not sure either.
I wonder if an algebra package would make sense or not. If so, it could contain
the Field top interfaces as well as field polynomials, Z/pZ, rational functions
and BigReal. If such an algebra were created I think polynomials should be
moved there.
Polynomials (and rational functions) are at the boundary between algebra and
analysis, at least when using double coefficients only. When using Field
coefficients, they are more algebra-tainted to me.
What do other people think about this ?

> I could provide implementations for SimplePrimeFieldElement
> (representing
> Z/pZ), and even SimplePadicFieldElement (with a representation similar
> double).  Not certain that it is useful for 2.0 without greatly
> delaying the
> release.  Most algebraist want to use finite extensions as well.

I would really like to see 2.0 be published as soon as possible, but even my
own tasks keep being delayed (ODE for stiff equations, MATH-172). I would like
to target a release near end of May.

Luc