Gary Gregory wrote:

Ah, em, we cannot do exactly that of course but the idea is that a new project/version can reflect two ideas: A new JRE requirement and/or a new implementation of the project SO different to warrant a new project.

I also don't like "-ng" or even "blah2".

Specifically, I don't believe that a "new" project should launch with a nearly identical or derivative name.

If you feel like you'd want to call it "lang2" or "lang-ng" then just call it lang 2.0 or 3.0 or whatever and keep a lang-1.x branch around for stability fixes.

On the other hand, if you think it's different enough to warrant an entirely new name, like renaming "LDAP Studio" to "Directory Studio", then go ahead and do that.

Just my two cents...

-Dan