I have prepared release candidates for DBCP 1.3 and 1.4.  Please all
interested parties have a look and test.  If all goes well, I will
kick off a release VOTE based on these artifacts in the next couple
of days.  I see these as really two sets of artifacts associated
with one release, so I am inclined to just do one VOTE including
both versions.  If anyone disagrees with this, please speak up.  I
am happy to run two VOTEs.

1.3 (JDBC 3) version:
http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/dbcp-1.3-rc1
http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/dbcp-1.3-rc1/site
http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/dbcp-1.3-rc1/maven
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/dbcp/tags/DBCP_1_3_RC1/

1.4 (JDBC 4) version:
http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/dbcp-1.4-rc1
http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/dbcp-1.4-rc1/site
http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/dbcp-1.4-rc1/maven
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/dbcp/tags/DBCP_1_4_RC1/

Release notes (common version, ships with both)
http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

There is also a recently opened documentation bug (DBCP-309) that I
do not see as a showstopper for this release, but would appreciate
feedback on the ticket and concurrence that we can push it to
1.3.1/1.4.1.

Thanks!

Phil