On 27/03/2010, Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org> wrote:
> On 03/27/2010 03:42 PM, sebb wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to debug DAEMON-156, however it's very difficult without
> > being able to rebuild prunsrv.exe.
> >
> > The documentation suggests that one can use the make file
> >
> > src/native/nt/procrun/apps/prunsrv/prunsrv.x86
> >
> > However, MS Nmake 1.5 complains about the syntax:
> >
> > prunsrv.x86(55) : fatal error U1088: invalid separator '::' on inference
> rule
> >
> > GNU make 3.81 also complains:
> >
> > prunsrv.x86:19: *** missing separator.  Stop.
> >
> > This appears to be because it does not like the syntax of the
> conditionals.
> >
> > So: how does one use the makefile to build prunsrv?
> >
> > What software is required?
> >

>  For Win32 you will need Visual Studio 6.0/SP5
>  and Windows Server 2003 r2 SDK
>
>  Note that VS6 is needed because it uses MSVCRT.dll
>  All others use incompatible CRT's with JVM
>  Well, VS 2003 can be used for Java6 targets only
>
>  However those are not free tools, but used across the
>  ASF because of MSCRT version mess.

Can one use Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition?

Earlier you wrote:

>  For Win32 you will need Visual Studio 6.0/SP5
>  and Windows Server 2003 r2 SDK

So do I need VS 6.0 or not?

The MS site says to use

Windows SDK for Windows Server 2008 and .NET Framework 3.5

instead of Win32 2003 r2 Platform SDK - is that OK?

>  For Win32 setup the command line env and run
>  nmake -f prunsvr.x86

Sorry, I don't understand - how do I set up the command line env?

>  For amd64
>  SetEnv.cmd /XP64 /RETAIL
>  nmake -f prunsvr.amd64

Where is SetEnv.cmd to be found?