Luc Maisonobe wrote:
> Jörg Schaible a écrit :
>> Hi Dimitri,
>>
>> Dimitri Pourbaix wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,

>>> When I was updating SVD, I noticed that parts of the tests were 3.x syntax
>>> whereas other 4.x (way easier to use I think).  I would advocate for the
>>> generalisation of Junit 4.x tests whenever possible.
>> Well, I think no one is against this, unless somebody does the work ;-)
>> However, this is IMHO no requirement especially now for the release.
>
> I think it would be better to update to latest Junit. I'll do it after
> 2.1 is out. It will take some time as we have more than 2000 tests now.

I am certainly not going to stand in the way of this if you want to
burn the cycles to do it, but I really see little point in it.  We
should be able to fix whatever is wrong with the Ant build to make
sure that it recognizes both sorts of tests.

<side-rant>The whole @test nonsense seems *really* silly to me. I
kiss my lucky stars that no one got the bright idea to do @getter
and @setter.  There is nothing wrong with coding by convention and
when there *is* a convention, mucking things up by adding
annotations that impact runtime performance is, well...silly.
</side-rant>