On 27/04/2010, Gilles Sadowski <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:
> Hi.
>
>  There haven't been any comments about the demo files I've uploaded
>  on April 1, concerning this issue:
>   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MATH-361
>
>  Is there an implied policy of "silence gives consent"?

Apache does have a concept of lazy consensus, but that applies to
votes, and the vote e-mail will say that it is using lazy consensus.

I don't think it normally applies to JIRA issues.

>  Someone had suggested creating a branch. That would be a way to set up a
>  fully working demo of the proposed changes.

It will be much easier to understand the changes if they are presented as code.

It would also be possible to set up a sandbox project containing a few
example classes from the Math codebase. That might be easier to
comprehend as it would be a lot smaller.

By the way, there are no AL headers in the code. These need to be added.

Also, the Cal10nAdapter class is in a strange package - why not put it
in a commons package?

>  I would also need someone knowledgeable in Maven to perform modifications
>  that would allow the creation of multiple JARs, and set a dependency to the
>  "CAL10N" library. [A compile-time dependency for Commons-Math itself, and a
>  runtime dependency for the code that will be a bridge to the "CAL10N"
>  external library.]

Not sure why you need multiple jars.