I would like to begin working toward a version 2.0 of [pool]. I would also like to declare the 1.x codebase as officially "bugfix only." If others are OK with this and there is sufficient interest in working toward a pool 2.0, I will cut a 1.x legacy branch and start discussing / coding / applying patches for the following 2.0 features in trunk:

0) Generification (POOL-83)
1) Replace wait/notify with 1.5+ thread management
2) JMX instrumentation and management
3) Remove deprecated methods
4) Instance tracking (holding references to instances under management and tracking events of interest from them - meeting DBCP AbanonedObjectPool requirement)
5) Clean up and extend pool maintenance

Obviously, this is just my personal wish-list for [pool] and I am open to any and all other ideas / itches. What I would really like to know at this point is whether or not there is community interest in a modernized version of [pool] containing features like the ones listed above.

Ugly as it may be, I think that given the level of reuse of [pool], if we do move forward with 2.0, we will have to change the package name to "pool2." So I guess I am asking for consensus to make that change in trunk as well.

Thanks in advance!

Phil