Dear all,

Regarding

1) Replace wait/notify with 1.5+ thread management

Is there already any work or ideas on how to use Java util concurrent (JUC)
?

I did some tests with BlockingDeque as objects repository (Deque instead of
Queue to be able to achieve FIFO or LIFO behavior) and AtomicInteger as
counter, it works quite well.

But during my tests, I challenged the maxActive limit, and found more
convenient to have another quite different limit which is something like
"absolute max of objects in the pool" instead of maxActive. Using *Active
and *Idle counters can lead to objects already returned to the pool, but not
counted everywhere.

Happy to participate to the refactoring :)

Kind regards,

Benoit.