On 11/4/10 9:42 AM, Brian Fox wrote:
On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 8:25 PM, sebb<seb...@gmail.com>  wrote:
On 3 November 2010 23:22, Ralph Goers<ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>  wrote:
This is a vote to release Apache Commons VFS 2.0.
-1 There does not appear to be a tar.gz version of
commons-vfs-project-2.0-source-release.zip

The source archives should be taken care of by the standard
apache-release profile defined in the Apache pom. This is what we put
together to make it possible for all maven projects at apache to
easily meet the source archive standards. We currently do not produce
tar.gz archives of the sources, just zips. I don't think both are
required since it's a waste of storage and tar.gz is usually needed
when you have to preserve binary permissions. We're talking about
sources here so a zip should be sufficient.

We need both zips and tars of the sources for the actual release (what we push to dist/).

Phil