> >> Why not leave the reference to #map(UnivariateRealFunction) ?
> >
> > Because the package "function" does not exist in MATH_2_X.
>
> I know that, but #map(UnivariateRealFunction) does exist (in the same
> source file).
>
> It was only the reference to the package name that was wrong.
>
> If the replacement for the deprecated methods is not
> #map(UnivariateRealFunction), then whatever is the replacement should
> be specified in the Javadoc.

The replacement is the method "map" (which exists) together with the
appropriate function (which doesn't, unless someone wants to backport the
"function" package).

I think that we agreed with Phil that when the replacement doesn't exist, it
is sufficient to warn the users with a terse deprecation message.