Hi Rahul,
thanks once again for the wise suggestions, much more than appreciated!

I underestimated the importance of the users over the active
developers, so I totally agree with you, moving to dormant is
premature.

I was aware about breaking APIs compatibility, since we had to face
the same problem also in [pool2], I thought it would have been a good
idea implementing the sandbox in the o.a.c.digester3[1] package, looks
like it is compliant to the suggestions you proposed.

I like your idea of branching 1.X, 2.X and put 3 on trunk, shall we
call a vote before going on?
Many thanks in advance, have a nice day,
Simo

[1] http://s.apache.org/VLZ

http://www.99soft.org/