On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 11:05 AM, Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/19/11 4:54 AM, Simone Tripodi wrote:
>> Hi Rahul,
>> thanks once again for the wise suggestions, much more than appreciated!
>>
>> I underestimated the importance of the users over the active
>> developers, so I totally agree with you, moving to dormant is
>> premature.
>>
>> I was aware about breaking APIs compatibility, since we had to face
>> the same problem also in [pool2], I thought it would have been a good
>> idea implementing the sandbox in the o.a.c.digester3[1] package, looks
>> like it is compliant to the suggestions you proposed.
>>
>> I like your idea of branching 1.X, 2.X and put 3 on trunk, shall we
>> call a vote before going on?
> +1
> I don't think we need a VOTE on this, I would say wait a couple of more days
> to make sure we have (lazy) consensus and then just do it.

<snip/>

Not that I care for more process, but I'd like to see 3+ of us say
this is the API they'd like to see for digester3. We also generally
require votes for getting stuff out of sandbox so a vote may not be a
bad idea (even if this isn't a new component, its a new API -- and
somewhere in there, the lines are blurred). I'm +0.

-Rahul