Torsten,

  Can improvements to the current code base be rescheduled to 1.2?  This
project has
been without a release for some time and those projects that depend on JCI 1.1
need a release of the current functionality for their own releases.

  If that is not an option, can we at least get SNAPSHOTs out on a Maven
repository?  That would
allow dependent projects to build while this work is being finished.

-Christian