2011/6/16 Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>:
> On 16/06/2011 13:07, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
>> In all honesty, Rahul: For BCEL wouldn't it be better to archive it?
>
> For the record, Tomcat 7 is using a partial, package renamed fork of
> BCEL but isn't doing anything that might be considered active
> development. I don't think a move to the attic would cause any issues
> there. (Neither would a move to Commons.)

As far as BCEL follows the format of the class files, I think there might
be need for improvements if the class file format is updated - with Java 7 or 8.

It is a blessing that Java 6 remains to be alive for so long.

Regarding Tomcat usage - it might be of interest to the new commons
sandbox component - formerly Meiyo. Tomcat 7 uses BCEL to scan
annotations without the need to load classes through a class loader.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko