Sorry, did not mean to touch off a debate. There are two ways (that I know
of) to project linear restrictions through the data when running a
regression using the QR decomposition. I need to review my notes, but I
distinctly remember needing to get the pivots so that I know which columns
are 'contaminated' by the restriction... Also, in dealing with restrictions,
I will need the pivots to clean up redundant restrictions. Doing a QR
reduction on an arbitrary coefficient matrix will give me a reduced set of
restrictions and the restrictions which are mapped to the nullity (the
redundancies).

In any event, let me finish my experimentation and then I can more cleanly
enunciate my needs.