Hi Mark, Simone,

I would prefer a way in which the classscan-clients can tell the
classscan-server in what they are interested in via an API like Mark
proposed (e.g. subscribe()) before the scanning of a specific artifact
(e.g. jar) starts. I guess this could be kinda like the
ProcessAnnotatedType API in CDI. For example, the classscan-server
discovers a jar, then asks all its clients if the jar should be
scanned (--> clients can perform checks for beans.xml or
faces-config.xml) and if at least one client says yes, it will be
scanned. Then the classscan-server knows exactly which
jars/wars/packages/... need to be scanned and which don't (thus
improving performance). Then while scanning, the classscan-server
calls the specific callback methods only on the subscribed
classscan-clients.

Regards,
Jakob

Jakob Korherr