Hi folks!

We need a few idea and brainstorming on the filter/selection mechanism for our
new classscan-api (yes, 3 's' in classscan).

There are some specs which require some marker files to actually enable the
class scanning. E.g. the JSR-299 CDI spec defines that only jars with
META-INF/beans.xml get scanned. For JSR-314 (JSF2) you need to have a
META-INF/faces-config.xml marker file present.
Other frameworks don't have such a restriction, but most do.

There are 2 ways to handle this:
1.) each classscan-client tells the classscan-server the list of marker files
it needs.
2.) The classscan-client registers a Filter callback (similar to Simos
mechanism) and the classcan-server calls a 'scanningJarStarted(...)' and
scanningJarEnded (bet we find some better name which also would fit in OSGi
environments) and the Filter can call some veto() or subscribe() to the
classscan-server.

We also need some way to include + exclude packages from the scanning. Any idea
on the API is welcome. The current ScanJob class (see my github [1]) which was
supposed to be an upfront information doesn't work out in the end I fear. But
maybe it's a starting point for our discussion.

txs and LieGrue,
strub

[1]
https://github.com/struberg/Apache-commons-classscanner/blob/b45c1b6080e91f6e36f7b7a39aa1b2c4d7bde1e0/classscan-api/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/classscan/api/ScanJob.java