On 8/3/11 1:37 PM, Niall Pemberton wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 6:32 AM, Henri Yandell <flame...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I would prefer to leave the door open to release more point releases
>>> of [pool] and [dbcp] 1.x using the working scripts that i have, so
>>> pls do not nuke those.  The new versions are in the org.apache
>>> groupId tree, so we will have no choice but to use nexus for those.
>>>
>>> I will have agree to use nexus for the maven repo bits, but prefer
>>> to create the actual release artifacts locally, examine them, call a
>>> VOTE on them and move the same bits to /dist.  Personally, I would
>>> rather see us move back the other way (use the Tomcat setup, with
>>> Ant tasks pushing to p.a.o/rysnch), but I can see I am in the
>>> minority here, so will not stand in the way.
>> Well, I'm in the same minority and I'm not aware it's a minority (have
>> we taken a vote from those release managing?).
> Me too. When maven works, its great - but when it doesn't it makes you
> want to tear your hair out. The only releases I've done using the
> release plugin were commons-parent & the build plugin. That was a
> while ago, but more often than not there were issues.

Hmm....  Based on comments on this thread, looks like I may not be
in the minority on this.

I am willing to do the following:

0) Either a) create an Ant deployment script similar to what Tomcat
uses [1] or b) create a generic bash script that can be run from
p.a.o to deploy from ~rm/foo-x.y.x-RCw
1) Update the web site docs so we have full and working documentation

Either of the options in 0) require that we move back to publishing
from ibiblio-rsync from p.a.o (and we have to be able to get this
reverted - not sure this is even possible at this point, but we
could ask).  If we decide to start publishing snapshots, we can use
the same approach for these.

Phil