On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 3:02 PM, Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Or maybe Log4j 2 could replace [logging].

If we really have to reconsider this stuff, then I'd propose to

a) Use java.util.logging, because it doesn't require any additional
dependencies and is guaranteed to work anywhere.
b) Carefully document how to bridge jul to log4j, because that's
exactly what's required in almost any application container I am aware
of. (The exception being Tomcat, which uses jul anyways.)
c) If the slf4j fans insist, add similar documentation for bridging
jul to slf4j.

Jochen

--
Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men
will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of

John Maynard Keynes (http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Keynes)