usually the maven-surefire-plugin will only pickup classes with the pattern
*Test.java.
You can rename the longrunning Tests to *IT.java and configure the
surefireplugin to additionally pickup those test classes only in the run-its
profile.

       <configuration>
         <includes>
           <include>**/*Test.java</include>