Can we proceed like so?

- I'll save my generified codec in an svn branch ASAP.
- we can discuss that and get the best design
- is it binary compatible?
- if not, which is my current view, then package is codec2

We have lang3 and digester3 under our belts now with new packages. Are
we going to change policy again? I hope not. We sure spent a lot of
time on this and thought we made a sane decision as a community.
Joda-time is its own world can do what it wants but I'd like to keep
my sanity in commons land with clear and consistent policies ;)

Wrt to removing deprecations, we can revisit each change one at a time
if someone cares to data mine svn for the age of each or whatever
metric you want.

Cheers to all and thank you for your time and constructive feedback :)

Gary