Hi all,

XZ for Java has landed in Maven Central[1] (thanks, Lasse!) and together
with COMPRESS-156 it would be pretty easy to add support for XZ
compression.

The patch in COMPRESS-156 comes without tests or docs but either are
very easy to create as clones of the GZip counterparts.

Do we want to add XZ support now or wait until after 1.3 has been
released?

In either case I'd intend to call for a vote on a first RC for Compress
1.3 no later than next week.

Do we want to release a shaded jar that pulls in XZ for Java in addition
to our normal artifact?

I can easily envision we'll start to make use of more of XZ for Java
later (LZMA as raw compression format, even if Lasse doesn't like it,
and LZMA compression in ZIPs for example).

Stefan

[1] http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/tukaani/xz/1.0/