Am 25.01.2012 21:02, schrieb Taras Ledkov:
I'm very sorry if this problem has been solved in some way.

No need to be sorry, as everybody can see, you did some research on this topic ;-)

But i found only discussions about duration&  joda-time dated 2004.
(http://markmail.org/thread/733yqv5zwzsngj3j)
Now i really need in Duration functionality (especially such as
Duration.parse(String)).

I heard about joda-time a while ago. My impression is, that the joda project is not that active anymore (please correct me, if I'm wrong). So I would vouch for additions to lang regarding durations. What I'm also really missing in lang.time is conversation of durations. For example: DurationUtils.convertToMinutes(long seconds).

I don't understand the Commons point on this issue.

- Commons Lang doesn't need in own implementation of this
functionality and you suggest use joda-time?
- Commons Lang needs in simple&  lightweight implementation of Duration?

Also i cannot find correspond issue in jira (but Eric Crampton in 2004
wrote about
"Commons Lang task list that there is a need for DateRange/Duration classes").

As you said, it is a while ago, since this was discussed. So let's review this topic again.

What are your thoughts?

Regards
Benedikt