On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 4:10 AM, Benedikt Ritter
<b...@systemoutprintln.de>wrote:

> Am 19.02.2012 22:57, schrieb Simone Tripodi:
>
>  I think it is reasonable to have Commons wide defaults but let projects
>>> override them if they want to.
>>>

> I think that is, what Gary meant in the first place ;-)
> http://mail-archives.apache.**org/mod_mbox/commons-dev/**201202.mbox/%3C-*
> *662605764588844473%**40unknownmsgid%3E<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/commons-dev/201202.mbox/%3C-662605764588844473%40unknownmsgid%3E>

Yes indeed, thank you for pointing that out in the link above. I do not
like to repeat myself.

A advantage to an overridable default is that it is quicker to get a new
project off and running without letting it go wild with yet another set of
conventions. Right now, every time I want to work with one of the 20+
commons components (!= project), I have to create yet another IDE set of
formatter settings, it's become intolerable and sadly ironic for a project
named "Commons".

Gary