Le 12/03/2012 18:17, Benedikt Ritter a écrit :

this method assumes, that a line separator will always be "\r" or
"\r\n". This is true for the pre-configured CSVFormats EXCEL, TDF and
MYSQL. I'm not a pro when it comes to file encoding, but isn't there
the possibility that new encodings will have different line
separators?

Indeed, there are unicode line separators, see:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CSV-51

If that is the case, isEndOfLine() should somehow use
format.getLineSeparator().
For example the lookAhead only has to be made, if
lineSeperator.length()>  1. This may have a positive impact on the
performance of parsing files with an encoding whose line separator is
only one char long.

CSVFormat defines a line separator, but it's only used by CSVPrinter. I'm not sure if we should restrict to this separator when parsing.

Emmanuel Bourg