Am 12. März 2012 18:38 schrieb Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>:
> Le 12/03/2012 18:31, Benedikt Ritter a écrit :
>

>> I'm not sure if I got you right. You have to pass a CSVFormat if you
>> want to construct a CSVLexer(), so we could use the lexer's internal
>> CSVformat.
>

> Yes that's what I understood, when I mention the parser it includes the
> lexer as well.

you wrote about the printer ;) now I know what you mean.

> I think the parser should look for any line separator and not only the one
> defined in the format. Otherwise the user will have to know in advance the
> line separator of the input files, and that's not always possible.

Okay, then I guess the best would be to have some place where all
possible line separators are defined. That could be a custom enum,
that has a string value.
then we could do something like:

private isEndOfLine(int c){
    for(LineSeparator separator : LineSeparator.values()) {
        // do what is necessary to decide if we have a line separator
and return true
    }
    return false;
}

Since the issue is tagged 1.x, I guess it is not our priority,
although I see the potential for a performance improvements.