On Mar 13, 2012, at 12:23, Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org> wrote:

> I'd like to see less reports by default. Most of them are only useful for
> checking a release candidate by the commons devs, otherwise it just clutters
> the sites with useless information for a general usage.
>
> The most important reports to publish for the public are:
> - Javadoc
> - JXR
> - Clirr
> - Changes (I prefer the changes plugin, it's much more explicit than a list
> of issues in JIRA)
>

> The reports only visible when voting on a release candidate:
> - Cobertura
> - Surefire

These two are important IMO. It shows that we are not releasing
garbage, at least if the tests pass 100% with decent code coverage.
This is part of the "open" in open source IMO. Here is our component,
warts and all, use this information as a guide to help you decide if
this component meets your quality standard. Could you imagine
Microsoft releasing Office with this information? Never! That would
help competitors too much. Hey look at this over there, they don't
even test it. Or, looky here, they released knowing this test fails!

Gary