See also: http://apache-commons.680414.n4.nabble.com/math-KolmogorovSmirnovDistribution-not-part-of-the-distribution-hierarchy-td4114395.html

> * Why is method "probability(double)" part of the "RealDistribution"
>    interface? [All implementations return 0.]

My guess would be that it is left over from when integer and real distributions shared a common hierarchy.

Dennis

On 07/31/2012 01:41 AM, Gilles Sadowski wrote:
Hello.

Some questions about classes in package "o.a.c.m.distribution".

* Why doesn't "KolmogorovSmirnovDistribution" implement one of the
   interfaces of the package (and/or inherit from an abstract class)?
* Why is method "probability(double)" part of the "RealDistribution"
   interface? [All implementations return 0.]
* Shouldn't the "cumulativeProbability(double x0, double x1)" method be
   renamed "probability(double x0, double x1)"?