Thanks, Thomas!
From: Thomas Neidhart [thomas.neidh...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 3:30 PM
To: Commons Developers List
Subject: Re: [math] Checkstyle.    .

On 03/19/2013 09:22 PM, Luc Maisonobe wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> Le 19/03/2013 20:49, Thomas Neidhart a écrit :

>>> Go to Project Properties | Checkstyle | Local Check Configurations
>>>
>>> Create a new Project Relative Configuration, select the checkstyle.xml
>>> file. Give it a meaningful name.
>>>
>>> Click on protect Checkstyle configuration file.
>
> Great!
>

>>> For math this is not necessary, but normally you would need to resolve
>>> some properties, like location of header template file.
>
> I followed your advice, but the plugin complained about the license
> header file missing. I had to set the checkstyle.header.file additional
> property to ${basedir}/license-header.txt for the plugin to work correctly.

ah right, I disabled the header check locally, we should also consider
adding the severity override by default.

>>> When you are done, click on the Main tab, and select the newly created
>>> configuration, otherwise the default one is used which creates lots of
>>> warnings.
>>>
>>> Something that I usually add to the checkstyle.xml:
>>>
>>>   <property name="severity" value="warning"/>
>>>
>>> As the warnings are otherwise reported as errors, which is annyoing.
>>
>> to only check the src/main/java folder, do the following:
>>
>> On the Main tab of Checkstyle configuration, disable simple
>> configuration checkbox, then edit the existing file set, and use a
>> pattern like this:
>>
>> src/main/java/.*\.java
>
> Many thanks Thomas, this really helped a lot!

You are welcome, that way I have always seen in my eclipse environment
where there are checkstyle warnings, and when I had the time/interest
could fix them right away.

Thomas

Consultation Disclaimer:  www.stjude.org/consultationdisclaimer