2013/5/12 Damjan Jovanovic <damjan....@gmail.com>

> On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 12:34 PM, Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I've rushed through Damjan's addition of (readonly) 7z and really like
> > it.  It might need some more docs but it is a great start.  There are
> > quite a few FIXMEs that we may want to address in one way or another.
>
> Thank you :).
>
> > As for LZMA compression, the required code in XZ for Java's lzma
> > subpackage doesn't lend itself to streaming support but it may be
> > possible to leverage it anyway.
>
> I am looking into that now.
>
> > We could use a few more testcases, in particular ones using the other
> > compression formats - I usually don't run Windows so using the native
> > tool is a bit difficult for me.
> >
> > I'm off to read the format spec so I can have a more detailed look.
>
> The 7zFormat.txt in 7z920.tar.bz2 is more up-to-date than the one in
> lzma920.tar.bz2, but neither is decipherable without reading the
> reference implementation (of which only the C++ version is complete),
> and the reference implementation differs from them (eg. NIDs are
> UINT64s, not BYTEs).
>
> > If/when we think about restructuring the existing code base for 2.x the
> > there may be some similarities between ZIP and 7z that could be
> > extracted, I'm not too sure, though.
>
> For 2.x can we use a RandomAccessFile based API for at least reading
> files, since seeking through a one-pass InputStream requires O(n)
> memory?
>
> > Damjan, you forgot to add yourself to the POM. :-)
>
> I thought I'd first commit a few more patches so I earn the right to
> be a "<developer>" :).

You have earned that right by becoming a committer. In fact the guide for
new committers states that adding yourself to the developers section of the
project you are working on, makes for a good first commit [1] :)

Regards,
Benedikt

[1]
http://www.apache.org/dev/new-committers-guide.html#subversion-access-and-web-sites