On 7/20/13 6:45 AM, Ajo Fod wrote:
> Phil,
>
> I feel that you are blocking/delaying the use of improper integration to
> commons users with your objection that you don't understand all the
> alternatives.
>
> If you want to pose what I and the community see as a respectable objection
> to including a commit, it needs to be in the form of :
> 1. alternative code that demonstrates a superior way of doing improper
> integration. With unit tests that show how it is faster or more accurate.
> 2. OR failures of the the submitted patch in a JUnit test.

Sorry, this is not how it works.  It is up to *you* the contributor
who wants us to commit something to convince the community that what
you are proposing is a good, supportable, standard way to solve
whatever problem you are trying to solve.   As Gilles and others
have pointed out, we can't just commit whatever apparently
functional code comes our way.   The reasons for this should be
obvious when you think about the problems associated with
maintaining it and what happens to users when we release functional
but numerically unsound code.  Lets just say we have been burned a
few times in the past and leave it at that.  Also, I am not
"blocking" anything.  I am just asserting that I personally am not
going to advocate for or myself commit code that I "don't understand."

Phil