I agree. The only reason [imaging] has been "dormant" for so long is
that I am busy making large changes that have taken many months to
write, so it's not really that dormant after all.

I understand the desire to do something about the current state of
Commons, but please don't make things harder for those of us that are
doing something productive.

With the 3 year rule, I would be forced to do a 0.98 release which
breaks the API, and another release after that which breaks the API
again in an even worse way. IIRC, I've already tried to do a release 4
times - unsuccessfully.

Damjan