Hi Oliver,

README.txt is badly out of date, since it claims we ship commons-beanutils,
commons-beanutils-core and commons-beanutils-bean-collection.

IBM JDK 5 fails badly:

========================= %< ===========================
Tests in error:

org.apache.commons.beanutils.bugs.Jira347TestCase#testMappedPropertyDescriptor_AnyArgsProperty

IllegalStateException

org.apache.commons.beanutils.memoryleaktests.MemoryLeakTestCase#testPropertyUtilsBean_descriptorsCache_memoryLeak

IllegalStateException

org.apache.commons.beanutils.memoryleaktests.MemoryLeakTestCase#testPropertyUtilsBean_mappedDescriptorsCache_memoryLeak

IllegalStateException

org.apache.commons.beanutils.memoryleaktests.MemoryLeakTestCase#testMappedPropertyDescriptor_MappedMethodReference1

IllegalStateException

org.apache.commons.beanutils.memoryleaktests.MemoryLeakTestCase#testMappedPropertyDescriptor_MappedMethodReference2

IllegalStateException
  org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanificationTestCase#testMemoryTestMethodology
OutOfMemoryError
  org.apache.commons.beanutils.BeanificationTestCase#testMemoryLeak2
OutOfMemoryError

org.apache.commons.beanutils.locale.LocaleBeanificationTestCase#testMemoryTestMethodology

OutOfMemoryError

org.apache.commons.beanutils.locale.LocaleBeanificationTestCase#testMemoryLeak2
OutOfMemoryError

========================= %< ===========================

IBM JDK 6 fails with:

========================= %< ===========================
Failed tests:

org.apache.commons.beanutils.memoryleaktests.MemoryLeakTestCase#testPropertyUtilsBean_descriptorsCache_memoryLeak

AssertionFailedError

org.apache.commons.beanutils.memoryleaktests.MemoryLeakTestCase#testPropertyUtilsBean_mappedDescriptorsCache_memoryLeak

AssertionFailedError

org.apache.commons.beanutils.memoryleaktests.MemoryLeakTestCase#testWrapDynaClass_dynaClasses_memoryLeak

AssertionFailedError

org.apache.commons.beanutils.DefaultIntrospectionContextTestCase#testAddPropertyDescriptors

AssertionFailedError

It builds fine with all tests succeeding for IBM JDK 7, IcedTea 6+7, Oracle
JDK 5-8.

Cheers,
Jörg

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-008/commons-beanutils/commons-beanutils/1.9.1/