On 2014-01-11, Oliver Heger wrote:

> There is a problem with the source distribution: It deflates in a
> directory "commons-compress-1.6-src"; so here the version number is
> wrong. Not sure whether this is blocking or not - in any case, it is
> confusing.

Ouch.  Emmanuel told me I forgot to update commons.release.version and I
shrugged it off as it didn't seem to have any effect.  Given the source
tarball is supposed to be the only thing that matters and all other
artifacts are just convenience, this is a blocker for me.

> Tests in error:

> SevenZOutputFileTest.testEightFilesSomeNotEmpty:197->testCompress252:227->addF
> ile:275 ╗ OutOfMemory

> SevenZOutputFileTest.testSixFilesSomeNotEmpty:181->testCompress252:227->addFil
> e:275 ╗ OutOfMemory

> SevenZOutputFileTest.testNineFilesSomeNotEmpty:205->testCompress252:227->addFi
> le:275 ╗ OutOfMemory

> SevenZOutputFileTest.testTwentyNineFilesSomeNotEmpty:213->testCompress252:227-
>> addFile:275 ╗ OutOfMemory
>   SevenZOutputFileTest.testDirectoriesAndEmptyFiles ╗ OutOfMemory Java
> heap spac
>   SevenZOutputFileTest.testSevenFilesSomeNotEmpty ╗ OutOfMemory Java
> heap space
>   SevenZTestCase.testSevenZArchiveCreationUsingLZMA2 ╗ OutOfMemory Java
> heap spa
>   XZTestCase.testXZCreation ╗ OutOfMemory Java heap space

In general I wouldn't mind the OOMs too much, but in the 7z cases the
archives really are tiny.  Is this just with a specific JDK?  I don't
see that on my test builds.  Looks as if LZMA2 was pretty demanding as
this is the default in 7z and used inside XZ as well.

Stefan