On 2014-01-11, Gary Gregory wrote:

> The reports look good BUT I think the NEW code should have better code
> coverage. There seems to be some non-trivial code that is not tested
> at all.

AFAICS this is mostly handling cases that are difficult to create test
data for.

* Snappy with literals longer than 64kB or offsets larger than
  64kB.

  Either will never happen using the framed format as blocks are limited
  to 32k there.

* .Z without block mode - no idea how to create such a stream, compress
  doesn't have a command line option that would control it.  I'd assume
  such streams don't really exist.

* .Z and clearing

  Unix compress will clear the LZ78 table when it detects compression
  ratio going down.  It would take quite a bit of experimenting to
  create such a test file.

* Unshrinking ZIP and (partial) clear

  This is even worse as you need PKZIP < 1.1 to even create said
  archives - and would require the same amount of experimenting to get
  there.

Stefan