Hello James,

> Hi all,
> Two things from me, a relatively new member of the community.
>
> I think much more effort needs to be on pushing things through code-review
> and to completion. There are many issues in LANG that have been awaiting
> review for well over a year or two. This means the commiters are no longer
> around to justify their decisions, and new contributors feel they are
> pushed aside whilst awaiting feedback.

I've already recognized your activity on JIRA. Unfortunately "Review work
of James Sawle" is just another entry on my TODO list.

> Secondly, there are too many long discussions around various issues,
> leading to either flame wars on decisions or no action being taken at all.
> The project leads should take the comments made and make a decision on what
> is to be done after a sensible set of comments have been made. This would
> be hard with how few people run the project, but maybe this would help
> rebalance and focus the project.

I haven't experienced the flame wars you're talking about. There a two
problems with long disucssions. 1. (as Mark has pointed out) there is no
project lead you can just decide. 2. Long discussions are a hint that a
problem is not fully understood or that there are two (or more) equally
valid solutions to a problem. So it's hard (for me as a committer) to pick
one...

Benedikt