Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Commons Wiki" for
change notification.

The "UsingGIT" page has been changed by LucMaisonobe:
https://wiki.apache.org/commons/UsingGIT?action=diff&rev1=8&rev2=9

  an example, of course you should adapt it depending on the project).

   * `svn checkout `''repo-url''
-    `git clone
https://apach...@git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/commons-math.git` (read/write
access, where apacheID is committer ID)
+    `git clone
https://apach...@git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/commons-math.git` (read/write
access, where apacheID is committer ID)<<BR>>
     `git clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/commons-math.git`
(read-only access)

   * `svn diff`
@@ -152, +152 @@

     `git remote -v` and `git remote origin`

   * `svn cp` ''https://svn.apache.org/.../trunk''
''https://svn.apache.org/.../tags/my-tag'' `-m message`
-    `git tag -m message my-tag` (or better, add also -s or -u option to create
a cryptographically signed tag)
+    `git tag -m message my-tag` (or better, add also -s or -u option to create
a cryptographically signed tag)<<BR>>
     if you want the tag to also be on Apache servers, you should `git push
origin my-tag` to push it to the origin remote repository)

   * `svn cp` ''https://svn.apache.org/.../trunk''
''https://svn.apache.org/.../branches/my-branch'' `-m message`
-    `git branch my-branch`
+    `git branch my-branch`<<BR>>
     if you want the branch to also be on Apache servers, you should `git push
origin my-branch` to push it to the origin remote repository)

   * `svn help `''sub-command''