On 18 January 2015 at 12:07, Benedikt Ritter <brit...@apache.org> wrote:
> There is a infra hook that can forward any comments on github issues to
> jira issues. I think this would be sufficient. Github mirrors are read
> only, so you will have to live with the manual merge approach...

Agreed - the infra-hook from github pull requests to mailing list
works fairly well for Apache Jena already to create focused and
tracked threads  - see examples at
https://github.com/apache/jena/pulls

.. if this can be extended with a Jira integration, just the better!

>> * Having it okay that the commons rdf api is a project that
>> principally aims to create a set of interfaces, and not host any of
>> the scalable implementations of the API. Stian Soiland-Reyes has
>> written a basic implementation, but in practice, any large dataset
>> will not load into that implementation and be queried efficiently, so
>> it is only going to be used for small in-memory tasks.
> This is something you guys have to figure out :-)

Yes, religious/academic discussions can have a better home on a new
mailing list and larger sub-community - I hope those on the
dev@commons list who just became interested would not mind joining a
new list - whatever its name might be.

> To sum this up: All that is blocking github commons rdf to join Apache
> Commons is the mailing list thing?

I believe that sums it up!

The IP Clearance should be a small formality.

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
Apache Taverna (incubating)