For such a simple case like logging in a (math) library you can also use
the JDK jul logging.

However I really do not see a need for it (and I
think it can negatively impact the user experience of a lib if it does
logging even when it has no environmental interactions)

Am Sat, 26 Sep
2015 01:47:09 +0200 schrieb Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>:

> Thanks for the reminder; in that document, we read:
>
>    (1) Scope of the Package
>     [...]
>     5. Limited dependencies. No external dependencies beyond Commons
> components and the JDK
>
> So we are fine if use "Log4j 2" as kindly offered by Gary.
>
> My long-standing mentioning of slf4j was only because of its
> "weightlessness" (thanks to the no-op implementation of its API).
> If "Log4j 2" has followed this path, good for everyone.
>
> No objection, then?

Uh, be carefull with the trigger of that gun you point at somenes
chest :)

Gruss
Bernd