Emmanuel,

I understand where your opinions come from, and respect your arguments. I generally agree with your sentiments, that run of the mill 'github projects' should not be added to Apache willy-nilly.

I think this contribution however is not the run-of-the-mill type, nor are the contributors. Both Norm and Jeff are retiring engineers with long and distinquished careers, having made _significant_ contributions to computer science. That they would like to contribute something to Apache, i take as quite an honor, myself. Your concerns over how will a community be built, and what level of involvement will the original authors give, is normally quite valid, but in this case, begs for some exceptions.

This project is really quite promising, in my opinion. That it is a bit rough around the edges, is valid, but that it is a fluent, ease of use library over a potentially difficult area is really what Apache tends to do quite often. Apache as an organization is good at taking good ideas that perhaps are not in perfect shape, and turning them into professional libraries. This is something this library would do well for.

I certainly respect your opinion, but would ask that you reconsider, if possible.

---dave