It would most definitely be worth it from our point of view (the Daikon
toolset) as we have already rolled our own Java 8 support. Our primary
motivation is that we have been using our own updated version of BCEL for
years and would love to get back to an official release.  Finally, all our
code is open source, we would be happy to share our StackMap support with
BCEL.

Thank you,
Mark