On 10/11/2015 09:37, Jochen Wiedmann wrote:
> I think that two important actions are missing:
>
>   - Cut new releases.
>   - Create a CVE id. (No idea, who can do that or how its done.)

You only need a CVE ID if there is a vulnerability.

I would argue (and the OPs appear to agree with me) that this is NOT a
vulnerability in Apache Commons Collections. The vulnerability lies in
applications that are blindly deserializing data from an untrusted
source. Given the nature of Java deserialization, that is somewhere on
the scale between foolish and reckless.

Commons is taking action to reduce the risk to developers if they do
deserialize untrusted data but that doesn't change the fact that the
root cause / vulnerability is the deserialization of untrusted data, not
what Commons Collections then does with it.

Mark

> We should wait with any publication until these are completed.
>
> Jochen
>

> On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 8:19 AM, Benedikt Ritter <benerit...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think it is appropriate to sign the post with  "Bernd Eckenfels and Gary
>> Gregory, on behalf of the Apache Commons PMC"
>> The content has been open for discussion long enough for anybody to raise
>> concerns. Several PMC members have been involved in this issue.
>>
>> Thank you for helping, Sally!
>> Benedikt

>>> Thanks, Chris.
>>>
>>> I read that as an internal comment to the PMC/folks on the list.
>>>
>>> I have incorporated all other comments/corrections/additions.
>>>
>>> Please let me know if I have misinterpreted this.
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>> Sally
>>>

>>> [From the mobile; please excuse top-posting, spelling/spacing errors, and
>>> brevity]

>>> status. Is that intentional? Do  you want me to include a screenshot of
>>> this?
>>> Please forward any additional comments/corrections/additions within the
>>> next hour if possible. I'd like to get this out before close of business
>>> Pacific Time if at all possible.
>>> Thanking you in advance,Sally = = = = = vox +1 617 921 8656 off2 +1 646
>>> 583 3362 skype sallykhudairi
>>> From: "Frohoff, Chris" <cfroh...@qualcomm.com>

>>> (