On 2016-02-02 12:43, Gilles wrote:
On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 10:06:40 -0700, Phil Steitz wrote:
Please select your top choice among the following suggested names
for the new [math]-based TLP.  All are welcome and encouraged to
respond.  This POLL will be open for 72 hours, at which time two
tallies will be presented:  one among those who have volunteered for
the new PMC and a second among all respondents.  Hopefully, one name
will emerge as consensus winner.  If not, I will kick off another
runoff poll among the top choices.   Please respond with your top
choice for the name.

AjaMa
Epsilon
Erdos
Euclid
Euler
Gauss
JAML

This choice:

Math

can potentially lead to legal and/or technical problems:
  * name of the JAR will basically be "math.jar", easily clashing
    with local toolboxes (also named without much imagination)

apache-math-x.y.z.jar

will fix the name clashing trivially.

  * name of the project will obviously be impossible to protect

MathBlocks
MathComponents (or Math Components)
Mathelactica
MathModules
Megginson
modMath
Nash
Newton
Pythagoras

The second objection of course holds for many names in the list.
We'd better follow Bertrand's suggestion.