Test dependency should be fine. The SSHD and JSch integration is
however probably not OK without classification.

I think integrating with "encryption functionality" (without bundling)
is sufficient to become an "encryption item":

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/201605.mbox/%3CD35026DE.692DB%25aharui%40adobe.com%3E

https://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/encryption/identifying-encryption-items

Let's try to sort this in the separate thread:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/commons-dev/201605.mbox/%3CCAB917R%2BuGHPiOUUq_F48n3-m-nKdgrgndcBkmpmA%3DS1H3Ngs5Q%40mail.gmail.com%3E

It could be that Apache's pages about this is out of date.

On 4 May 2016 at 18:50, Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi Stian,
>
> Stian Soiland-Reyes wrote:
>

> [snip]
>
>> -1 Unclassified use of encryption libraries Bouncy Castle/Apache
>> Mina/SSHD/Hadoop/jsch/Jetty (plus some AES128 in DefaultCryptor) - but
>> Commons VFS is not classified on
>> http://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/
>

> Sorry, but I fail to see the problem. BC is used as test dependency only and
> it is nowhere part of our deliveries or used in our code. AES128 is part of
> the Java runtime.
>
> Cheers,
> Jörg

Stian Soiland-Reyes