In Jackrabbit's source code I find JcrUtils added in 2009:

https://github.com/apache/jackrabbit/commit/0882a5cc1ed4ce1cf9d3c6b3a592f97c5772ce25

but Jackrabbit graduated from the incubator in 2006:

http://incubator.apache.org/projects/jackrabbit.html

So presumably the software from Day Software was added before that?
Which to me says this is a pure Apache contribution which is only
covered by the regular "This product includes software developed at
ASF" line.

I'll ask on dev@jackrabbit to be sure.

Here's a suggested NOTICE line, in case we still need it:

------------------------------
commons-vfs2-project/core/src/test/java/org/apache/commons/vfs2/provider/webdav/test/JcrUtils.java
Adapted from Apache Jackrabbit 2.4.0:

Based on source code originally developed by
Day Software (http://www.day.com/).

We don't need to replicate the ASF self-attribution - see
http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#bundle-asf-product

~

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes