Procedurally speaking, I see no reason for this community to hold any
vote at all.

If a small group of people, including a foundation member or two,
wants to ask the board to establish a TLP, they may, by writing a
coherent proposal to the board explaining the situation. The board
might ask for a filled-in incubator proposal as input to their
deliberations.

Or, of they wish to go into the incubator to try to build a viable
community that will get TLP status in time, they can write an
incubator proposal.

The board or IPMC might wonder about the state of affairs here when
they receive one of these proposals, but it's hardly a matter that
calls for a formal vote here.