>From the peanut gallery, in-line.

[orcmid]

It is the presumption of tacit knowledge, in an ever-expanding ring, that
complicates the on-ramp for newcomers, until they manage to gulp down all of
the kool-aid and become perpetrators themselves.

> My point was that there exists "TestUtils.assertEquals": also for use
> in a unit test class!
> Someone might want to "import static" those too.  In some files
> "Assert"
> would be implied, and in others "TestUtils".  [No big deal: just what
> you gain somewhere you loose somewhere else.]
[orcmid]

Except it is another dependency that someone has to be careful to check, and
we're not talking about small test files here.

> I have no problem deciding that static import of Junit's Assert methods
> is allowed.  But let's be clear that it does extend to other classes.
>
> >> When people get accustomed to git, they won't see it as a
> >> constraint,
> >> rather as second nature.
> >
> > I'm accustomed to Git and I see this as a constraint that I don't
> > have
> > the time to deal with.
>
> Hence, you assume that reviewers are either not necessary, or that
> they their time is worth less than yours.
>
> We can (have to, actually) understand that long-time committers
> will take a short-cut sometimes, but whenever it happens it should
> not be a massive commit.  Otherwise anything goes.  I hope that you
> can agree that it should not be advertised as good practice.
[orcmid]

+1 with regard to paying attention to sustainability and community.