Hi Benedikt,

On 26.10.16 21:35, Benedikt Ritter wrote:
> I have discovered one problem. The release tag and the source archive have
> differing contents:
>
>> diff -wqr commons-jcs-dist-2.0-beta-2 TAG
> Only in TAG: .gitignore
> Only in TAG: .svn
> Only in commons-jcs-dist-2.0-beta-2/: LICENSE
> Only in TAG: LICENSE.txt
> Only in commons-jcs-dist-2.0-beta-2/: NOTICE
> Only in TAG: NOTICE.txt
> Only in TAG: auxiliary-builds
> Only in TAG: checkstyle.xml
> Only in commons-jcs-dist-2.0-beta-2/commons-jcs-jcache-extras: tomcat.0
> Only in commons-jcs-dist-2.0-beta-2/commons-jcs-jcache-openjpa: derby.log
> Only in TAG: commons-jcs-sandbox
> Only in TAG: init-git-svn.sh
> Only in TAG: jcache-fast.sh
> Only in TAG: maven-eclipse-codestyle.xml
>
> To me it looks like the assembly build is missing some entries for build
> files and shell scripts. Further more it seems like some temp files have
> been included in the source release: tomcat.0 and derby.log. I'm not sure
> about the NOTICE and LICENSE files. It looks like they have just been
> relocated in the source release. Nevertheless, I think the missing build
> files and the temp files need to be fixed in the source release.

Yes, the difference is intentional, actually. The source release
contains all files necessary for building the artifact. I excluded all
stuff that is not required for the build such as sandbox projects and
helper scripts.

I would like to keep it that way even for RC2. Should I remove these
files from the tag? Is there any requirement that the tag and the source
artifact must be identical?

I will have a look into the temp files, however.

> For this reason and the build failure on Java 6:
The build failure is fixed now.

Bye, Thomas.